To make this a super healthy option, use only a small amount of the parmareggio reggiano or leave it out completely.
- 1/2 loaf of ciabatta bread or 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 stems of asparagus, cut, blanched and cooled
- 4 large vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
- Two large handfuls of salad leaves, washed and spun
- Parmareggio reggiano, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Paprika pinch salt* & freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly, trim and cut the asparagus into inch long pieces, then blanche and allow to cool
- Cut the ciabatta in half and grill on both sides until toasted. Allow to cool a little, then rub with the garlic clove on the upper side and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes, torn basil leaves, washed salad leaves, half of the crumbled parmareggio reggiano, a good glug of extra virgin olive oil, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of the paprika salt & pepper. Toss everything together and taste. Add more oil if the dressing is too acidic or add a little vinegar if it is too oily.
- Place two ciabatta halves on to each plate and position the tomato & salad mix on top. Drizzle the juices onto the bread, allowing it to soak in, adding flavour. Arrange the asparagus on top of the tomatoes and finish with the remaining parmareggio reggiano.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you do not have paprika pinch salt, you can use sea salt.